Re: [Xen-users] lustre clustre file system and xen 3

OCFS2 is not of intrest any more because OCFS2 do not support mmap which is used by apt-get in debian.

Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
Karsten Nielsen wrote:
Thank you for your thoughts on this subject!

It sounds like a plan but how about the performance in GFS I have read
that it is not very good have you god any experince with that ?

You're certainly not going to get full disk speed with it, but the
overhead without a network involved is negligible.  It makes NFS cry.
Of course, YMMV.

The only reliable way I've found to compare filesystems is real world
benchmarking in that given domain.  If you do go ahead and benchmark
some of them, I'm sure that many people on the list would be interested
in the numbers.  I'd like to see OCFS2 vs GFS for multiple use cases.