Re: [Xen-users] SCSI support, kernel panic on boot

Here's what i've done :

- "mkinitrd /boot/initxen.img 2.6.16-xen"
Then, a lot of FATAL ERROR came out, saying there's no modules.dep, so
i've created one :
- "depmod 2.6.16-xen"
After that, i could execute my mkinitrd, and load it properly into my
menu.lst :

//title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
//root (hd0,0)
//kernel /boot/xen-3.0.gz dom0_mem=100000
//module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen root=/dev/sda1 ro console=tty0
//module /boot/initxen.img

Reboot ... and few seconds after seeing that the SCSI were load (kernel
tainted, but sound supported), a wonderfull freez that forced me to
reboot physicaly the machine (glrup :s) Last line said there's vga
framebuffer. I said ok, let's add "nofb" on my kernel cmd line, and then
came out .... (correct !!) a new kernel panic

"Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
 ERROR opening /dev/console"

Apparently it's an error from a corrupt initrd file ... i'm totally
desesperate, can't find a way out to fix it once for good. Need help my
xen-friends :)

Thx in advance

Le mardi 06 juin 2006 Ã 08:38 -0600, Serge Dubrouski a Ãcrit :