Re: [Xen-users] Running Xen on a Celerom machine

Ferrero Horacio wrote:
I've installed Xen on this machine y a different way as a normal one.

I do the stupidity to install Xen thru  "yum install xen" and as it is
expected Xen didn't work.

I don't know yum.

I then unistall xen, re-install the install script and Xen now loads
well.
The only bad thing is xend which can not run because it outputs the
following message :  "grep: /proc/xen/capabilities - File not found "
translated from french.

It seems that you must compile your own kernel. Capabilities is a kernel feature.

In fact, there is no /proc/xen/capabilities nor /proc/xen/ directory.

Will emerge when you booted with this kernel IMHO.

Who is intended to create this directory/file ?

Thanks for a help

Horacio

I run XEN on an 2,4 GHZ Celeron (Fujitsu Siemens Motherboard) and it works quite well. OS is gentoo-linux, installation was with self compiled kernel.

Hope that helps,

Greetings,
Robert Welz