Re: [Xen-users] DELL PowerEdge 2850 - no CPU vme support

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 13:00 +0200, Martin Polehla wrote:
> Hello,
> I were looking for some informations about XEN on dell site, but I didn't
> found anythink usefull.
>
> But on:
>   http://www.xensource.com/community/xen30testing/summary.php
> I found that dell poweredge 2850 passed tests, and also ouput from xen test
> cd looks good (all tests OK, kernel on xen test CD says vme support
> (/proc/cpuinfo) etc.
>
> I was progessing as dell howto saying, but no succes :-(
Thank you for pointing out the community list. I had not seen it before.
But I wonder a bit, as it includes a number of systems which don't have
VT capabilities, as noted at
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HVM_Compatible_Processors . As I
understand it, running unmodified OSes such as WinXP require VT.

> Have anyone xen with virtual windowsXP guest under linux xine host running ?

Thanks,
Mike