Re: [Xen-users] CoW works on Windows guest?

OS> Finally, I've got the dscow_tool & cowd binary files. Yet, I have
OS> another question. Is there any limitation of the size of image
OS> that dscow_tool can create? Because I successfully created dscow
OS> image from 1GB image or smaller image but 2.1 GB. I've got the
OS> error "segmentation fault" for 2.1GB image.

No, there is not a size limit.  However, some earlier versions did
have some issues which caused some problems on large images.  Those
have since been fixed.

You might try the latest version of the kernel module and tools that
are in the development tree:

  http://static.danplanet.com/hg/dm-userspace/

Note that you *must* rebuild the kernel module and both cowd and
dscow_plugin if you move to the newer version.  This should be easy to
do outside of your xen tree:

  # cd dm-userspace/module
  # cp dm-userspace.h /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/linux
  # make
  # insmod ./dm-user.ko
  # cd../tools/cowd
  # ./autogen && ./configure --enable-internal-dmu
  # make && make install

We have a tree on xenbits now.  Eventually, we will push an updated
version of the Xen tree with the latest patches integrated directly.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center