RE: [Xen-users] Does my platform support VT? (dell 1855/Xeon/linux)

Ability to run 64-bit OS has nothing to do with VT/AMD-V.

To find out if you have 64-bit capability, you need to look for "lm" ->
long mode [which you have in the capabilities of your processor].

However, if you want to mix running Xen-guests at 32-bit and 64-bit OS,
then you will need to run HVM (AMD-V/Intel VT) to achieve that, at least
at the moment. However, 32-bit apps work just fine on the 64-bit OS
[with a very small number of exceptions - I have so far not found a
single one that I needed to run, but I've read about apps that don't
work].

--
Mats