RE: [Xen-users] 32bit DomuU on 64-bit Xen

Ehm, no you CAN NOT run 32-bit DomU on a 64-bit Xen/Dom0, because all
kernel modes must be the same (32-bit no PAE, 32-bit PAE or 64-bit).

> What I'm not sure of is if you can run linux32 without modifying the
> DomU init scripts (by using initrd for example) so that the
> DomU never
> thinks it is running on a 64-bit arch. If you can do it with a custom
> initrd, I'd like to see one example.

You can, if you install a 64-bit kernel, run "linux32" when you install
"stupid" applications that don't understand that 32-bit binaries are
supported by 64-bit. You shouldn't have to do this in the "average"
case, applications will "just work". But there are some rare exceptions
that think that "If this isn't an i[3456]86 archiecture, I'm not going
to install".

You will of course have to install 32-bit support-libraries (which is
most often default in the distro anyways) - but it works just fine to do
"rpm -i blah-x.y.z-i386.rpm" on a x86_64 machine - it will install the
32-bit version on your machine, and all will work just like you expect
it to...

--
Mats