Re: [Xen-users] "received packet with own address as source address"

Crap ctrl+enter .... :-P .. sorry everyone about the half message ...
So I'm going to finish it inline.

Btw,

The bridge shouldn't have an IP or mac address .. after all it's a
bridge (IMHO).

If you need an interface between dom0 and one bridge ... :
'modprobe nloopback' on dom0 (which is loaded by default on xend)
you will have 8 veth interfaces (veth0-7, the veth0 is renamed to eth0 by xend
scripts)
 and 8 vif interfaces (vif0.0 - vif0.7).

you could add vif0.0 to your bridge and set the ip/mac on eth0 (which is what
xend does).
If you need more bridges or interfaces on your dom0, use the remaining vif's
and veth's :D

Yes, my box worked a bit by putting an ip on xenbr0, but it turned a bit
unstable .. after a
couple of domU's a kernel panic happened. (and that could be repeated as many
times as you whished.
so wasn't a random bug)

After reading carefully the bridge-network script and vif-bridge, I understood
what xend does at boot
time and could understand much better xen networking :D

[]'s

Theo