Re: [Xen-users] sles 10 lvm install clone/copy

On 21 Nov 2006 at 9:12, Jan Albrecht wrote:

> Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > On 21 Nov 2006 at 8:08, Tijl Van den Broeck wrote:
> >

> >> Only if they are equally sized you can use "dd
> >> if=/dev/mapper/lvmachine1 of=/dev/mapper/lvmachine2 bs=1M". If they
> >>

> > Actually the reason why I did NOT do it that way was that some filesystems
> > assign
> > a UUID to the filesystem (which is essential for FS repair in reiserfs for
> > example). That way, both filesystems would have the same UUID. I preferred
> > mount both systems (DomUs) in Dom0 and did a "cp -a". Then unmount and boot
> > DomUs.
> As far as I remember you used yast for the SLES10 guest.
> IIRC yast uses partitions on these devices so you can't mount the easily.

Actually I only installed one dummy system using YaST, and then I built all the
other systems manually via commands (setting up about 10 identical systems).
YaST
requires a graphical access which I don't have. I do everything with SSH/PuTTY
or
serial console.

Ulrich