Re: [Xen-users] CPU1 FATAL TRAP, Xen won't boot

Petersson, Mats wrote:
Looks like it's failing one of the sanity checks. I wonder if it's
difficult to add the string that failed to the "BUG_ON()" macro...
Line 131 in my version of the code, that is a few weeks old, checks that
the (VMCS_REVISION_ID != vmx_msr_low) [and it fails if that's TRUE...]),
and it's basicly comparing the other processors to the boot processor...

I don't think it should fail like that... :-(

As I replied earlier, it boots properly[1] after I enable VMX in BIOS. Should it fail with VMX disabled, is a good question of course.

[1] Almost properly. This server, ProLiant DL320 G5, has problem with starting the system, when it uses a Xen kernel (with a non-Xen kernel the system starts just fine). When I blacklist USB modules, it boots just fine.
I don't need USB here, so I didn't investigate it anymore.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org