RE: [Xen-users] Linux HVM tutorial ?

No, that won't work - hvmloader doesn't take ANY arguments [grep main
hvmloader.c returns "main(void)"].

More information than you need to know right now:
All hvmloader does is to load the BIOS, VGA/CIRRUS BIOS, ACPI tables and
run a little bit of code that is essentially "reset the processor"
(which means, reset a bunch of registers to x86 standard reset values
and jump to 0xF000:0xFFF0 - it is slightly different between VMX and SVM
- but the effect is the same).

More comments on serial output from HVM domains:
I don't know if there's any way to redirect the early "start of day"
output to a serial line instead of the SDL/VNC VGA output - it wouldn't
be very hard to write a bit of code to just send everything that goes to
text-mode VGA to serial port, except for those applications that don't
output things in order (i.e. write something at mid-screen level, then
write at the top, or some such).

For later stage output, you'll be using the grub (or whatever
boot-loader you use) to give kernel parameters, and a that stage, there
are lots of settings available for you...

--
Mats