Re: [Xen-users] No Xen/Windows on AMD

Alain Black wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Gerhard Wendebourg
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 8:24 AM
To: Gerhard Wendebourg
Cc: Xen Users
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] No Xen/Windows on AMD

Hello,

after I didn't get any response on my question, I assume,
that the use of Xen with an OS, that isn't adequatly prepared
- like MS Windows - is not proven until now with AMD-CPU and
thus not advicable.

Someone knows, when this will change?

thanx for hints / GW

Gerhard Wendebourg schrieb:

Hello all,

is the use of OS'es like Windows on Xen with AMD-cpu

already proven,

are there experiences or still matter of theory? If it is:

may I use

for running Windows on Xen any available AM2-mainboard, or

are there

only specific chipsets supporting a system like that?

thanx for replying / GW

I am running Windows 2k3 Std Server fully virtualized on an AM2 system.  I'm
using the AMD x2 4200+ HE AM2 on an ASUS M2NPV-VM with 2GB of memory under
SLES 10.

I actually have 3 of the fully virtualized windows servers up and running on
the machine right now.  I have not had any stability issues at all.  The
installation was straight forward, I just went into Yast2, chose Xen, then
install and chose my options.

HTH,
-Alain.

Hi,

could you send mor info about what you did to get a hvm domain runnig on that noard? Maybe the domU-config-file would be enough. There have been several reports about that board not supporting hvm-domains. Could you also post the bios version you are using?

Regards

Andreas