Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Mini Linux

Hi,

 >>From: "Gerrit Niezen (Trispen)" <gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 >>Subject: [Xen-users] Xen on Mini Linux
 >>
 >>Are there any mini Linux distributions (e.g. BasixLinux, FREESCO)
 >>available that can be used to run Xen?
 >>
 >>Let me explain my scenario: I have a computer with a 8MB Microdisk as
 >>hard drive. I want to boot up a small Linux distro from the 8MB
 >>Microdisk and use Xen to load a FreeBSD image from a NFS. Is this feasible?

We have developed HTTP-FUSE Xenoppix which boots with 6MB CD-ROM.
  http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/http-fuse/xen/index-en.html

Unfortunately it uses old Xen 2.0.7 and boots Plan9 and NetBSD.
I will update Xen and OSes for DomainU soon.

Please refer the paper and slide at Ottawa Linux Symposium 2006.
   Paper http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2006/linuxsymposium_procv2.pdf
   Slide
http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/http-fuse/xen/OLS2006-Suzaki-Slide.pdf

Thanks.