Re: [Xen-users] Crash when buildin' up dual-bridged environment

(I've seen some CC's on those messages so I kept them - sorry about
duplicated messages, also I don't have the message which this thread was
start)

I've run into the same problem some while ago. I've figured what I was
doing wrong : I was putting IP addresses on the bridges and using them
as 'normal' interfaces in Dom0, besides the bridging. That gave me a lot
of random panics and/or other problems.

I've solved this by using the 'proper' xen networking, by using properly
the interfaces provided by netloop module (xen kernel module) and using
veth0/veth1 on Dom0 and adding the vif0.0/vif0.1 into the different
bridges. It worked like a charm.

Other problem that I got into was ... once xend starts and executes the
default network script, it does all the (messy) suff with your
interfaces, renaming eth0 to peth0, veth0 to eth0, copying mac addresses
and so on ...  But (on debian unstable at least) I had some daemons
running before xend was started (bind for example, NFS mounts) and this
messed everything.
So I've commented out the xen networking script and wrote my own inside
debian's network init, so my bridges, interfaces, macs, firewall .. are
done as soon as the network is UP.

My enviroment is working perfectly now, after I figured and fixed a
small problem that I had with the connection tracking with iptables.

I hope that it helped a bit ;)

[]'s