Re: [Xen-users] Xen3 on Etch - Rebooting when 2nd DomU started

Rodolfo Pilas wrote:
I have the same problem with Debian/Etch
xen-linux-system-2.6.17-2-xen-686 package.

I have a domU with two net-if and works well, when I start a second domU
 I receive a kernel panic.   If I start simple domU (one net-if e.o.), I
can boot two domUs, but the third produces a kernel panic.

I have a second server with a similar problem.

But I have a third server that boot up to 4 domUs without problems.

The first two servers are Celeron, and the third is PII.  (Today I will
test with a third celeron and a fresh installation).

Mmmm. I made a duo-core 2 PC on a Gigabyte Mobo and had this problem so made that into a workstation and bought an IBM eServer P4 which has exactly the same problem. My friend, who helped me get Xen setup, has it running on older hardware and has no problem at all.