Re: [Xen-users] Xen3 on Etch - Rebooting when 2nd DomU started

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andrew McGregor <andy@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:31:46 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 01:14:40 -0800

Simon Faulkner wrote:
Hi All,

Fairly new to Debian and Xen but I have a box running with lots of DomUs under Xen2 and it is fine.

I have setup a new IBM eServer P4 and loaded Etch and loaded Xen3.

It runs up my first DomU beautifully but when I start my second DomU it crashes the PC and reboots.

If I disable hyperthreading in the BIOS I can I boot a 2nd DomU without crashing the box .. but not a 3rd
If I comment out the line in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp

(network-script network-bridge)

Haven't tried this - thanks!

It will run 2 DomUs

Have I run into a common problem or can someone suggest what I might have messed up?

TIA

Simon