[Xen-users] Windows 2003 HVM Performance

Hello all,

I have recently been trying to install a windows 2003 server on a Xen Dom0 with
an AMD X2 CPU.  I've not actually been able to finish the installation due to
the Dom0 host crashing whilst the Windows installation is "registering
components".  Hopefully the latest version of OpenSUSE (which I'm downloading
at the moment) will fix that? :-)

During the installation I noticed that the section of the install that copied
files to the harddisc didn't execute very fast which prompted me to google for
xen HVM harddisc performance figures.  I read some references to a windows
paravirtualised harddisc driver that would improve performance.  Does anyone
know whether paravirtualised drivers are in development?  I also read that
network performance is near native so would it make sense to install windows on
a partition on the Dom0 and then create a D drive on the windows machine using
an iSCSI initiator?  This would mean that the domU would be relying on it's
near native network performance for harddisc accesses.  Has anyone tried this?

I'd be interested to hear any advice on settings/tweaks to improve windows HVM
performance.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve.