Re: [Xen-users] Multi user/seat setup question

On 12 Dec 2006 at 19:59, Alexander Thiem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to set up a new dual core machine capable of serving two users at
> the same time.

;-) Just FYI: Back in '93 or so I had 15 users working on a 33MHz 486 PC with
10MB
RAM. They were all using Emacs, and a compiler. Today you can't even install
with
64MB RAM.

> I have chosen a mainboard with onboard pcie graphic and another pcie
> card in the slot (the board can use both)
> One mouse/keyboard on ps/2 and one over usb.
> Onboard sound + one pci sound.
> One domU would be linux, the other windows xp...
>
> Will this be possible or even practical?
>
> I tried to find things about multi user xen setups but I had no luck so
> far :(

While a remote Linux user won't probably realuze the machine is only virtual,
I'm
nor sure about the remote Windows user. Windows users are used to work local.
So
your two users are not further than 1m awy from the server, one running linux,
the
other Windows? Why not give everyone his own PC?

In the setup here about 40 users work with a virtual server via network (more
such
servers on one hardware), and they are hundereds of meters away. They have
never
touched or seen the physical server...

Regards,
Ulrich