Re: [Xen-users] CentOS domU vcpus ignored

On 12/14/06 10:21 AM, "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I think you need to set the number of CPU's when you create the BIOS in
>>> 3.0.3. 3.0.4 will have dynamic settings for number of CPUS... But I
>>> could be wrong on that.
>>
>> I searched the Wiki and mailing list for "cpu bios" and "bios create",
>> nothing pops out as applicable. As far as I know I never
>> created a "BIOS" to
>> get the HVM domU running. Do you have a pointer to something
>> online that
>> might have directions?
>
> The BIOS I'm talking about is the stuff under .../tools/firmware in your
> xen source directory.

Mats, thanks for the help so far.

I've taken a look in /tools/firmware. I've grepped for cpu and CPU. I don't
see something obvious to set the number of vcpus for a guest. All of the
code seems as though it ought to deal with the vcpu setting.

Anyway, if you, or anyone else, has a pointer to a particular file I'd be
thankful.

Take care,

Mark