[Xen-users] HVM domU vcpus ignored

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Mark Menard <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:48:48 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:49:10 -0800

While reading http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenRoadMap I found the
following quote: "The current HVM code only stably supports uniprocessor
guests, though work is underway to robustify SMP guest support."

Could this be why I only see one processor in my HVM guests? Is it turned
off by default someplace? I followed Mats directions and searched
/tools/firmware and didn't find anything obvious for enabling multiple
vcpus.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. If HVM is only uni-processor,
that's fine. I can live with that. (Hey, it'll make me look harder at
paravirtualization.) I'd just like to know.

Thanks,

Mark