Re: [Xen-users] OpenBSD 4.0 HVM guest

Quoting Luca Corti <luca@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I've played with OpenBSD HVM a bit and I just managed to install and
boot it correctly.

Terminal emulation can be set to vt100 to obtain a barely useable
terminal (enouhg to accomplish install). You can then enable serial
console post install and access the vm via the xm command. The failure
on hard disk configuration is solved by deleting and recreating label
'a' in disklabel. Basic networking via the ne2k_pci device seems to be
working.

I'm going to do some more testing. Did you get this far? Do you know of
any specific issue I can try to reproduce?

Hi Luca,

I got as far through the install process as setting up the NIC, at which point
it seemed that no packets were being received by the OpenBSD DomU because it
couldn't get an IP address via DHCP.  Did you set up a NIC in OpenBSD during
the installation or afterward?

Could you post your xen config file for the VM so that I can compare it to mine
please?  Also, could you tell us the hardware and the distribution that your
Dom0 is running on?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.