Re: [Xen-users] e100 + Xen + VLAN -> VLANs don't work?

Daniele Palumbo wrote:
On Friday 02 February 2007 16:13, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Which leads me to a question: those for whom VLANs work with 100 Mbit
cards

maybe you can ask it to xen-devel.
but i guess that they will say "hey, do you still use 100 mbit network?" (i must say that i will never use a 100 mbit in producion, you can buy for 20$ an e1000 on ebay...)

We run our Xen servers and backup Xen servers on 1 Gbit network.

All data is stored on NAS/SAN devices.

If all Xen servers and Xen backup servers fail, we want to be able to start a "second backup servers", booted off a tftp. So a Xen server cat be booted off pxe/tftp on any machine with a network card and enough RAM, but I noticed, that VLANs don't work on machines with 100 Mbit cards.

Which is strange to me, as VLANs goes in pair with virtualization.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org