RE: [Xen-users] Getting console after Windows Install

  • To: "Artur Baruchi" <mail.baruchi@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:48:13 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 06:48:18 -0800

Further details would be needed:
- What version (exactly) of Xen are you using?
- What version of Windows are you using?
- What does your VM config file look like (please remove the comments
and blank lines before posting!)?

You may want to look inside /var/log/xen/qemu*.log (cat `ls -lt
/var/log/xen/qemu*.log|head -1` is one way to do that).

Also look at the last few lines of /var/log/xend{-debug}.log to see if
it contains anything useful...

Gernerally, it works to install windows on an Athlon64/Opteron/Turion64
based machine, but there's all sorts of things that can go wrong in the
process, most importantly "Not using the right version of Xen".

--
Mats