RE: [Xen-users] Which OS is *most* supported for host os?

I think that's pretty much it, yes. There may be some distros thatr
require a bit more hacking around, and some that are less work, but to
the collective knowledge of this mailing list, if you're reasonably
versed on making Linux work for you in general, adding Xen isn't too big
a deal - but of course, it all depends on what you're used to doing on
your Linux system too!

Most problems we see here are related to:
1. Not being able to configure the kernel/initrd correctly (most distros
that include Xen shouldn't have this problem, but of course there may be
some distros that include "all" drivers in the regulard setup, but only
a few in the Xen-package, for example).
2. Not being able to set up an initrd for the guest-OS. This is
generally a case of understanding the fact that initrd's contain not
only FILES, but also small bits of script, and the consequences of those
scripts.

I've not seen anyone write a post saying "I can't possibly get Disto X
to work" with a reply "Yes, that's true, you should use Distro Y
instead". But several people a week post "How do I get Distro X to work
with Xen". I think almost all get there in the end ... ;-)

--
Mats