Re: [Xen-users] PROBLEM WITH DOMU and DOM0 has no IPTABLES **SOLUTION**

I finally worked out why I had no support for IPTABLES.

Following the instructions is a bit incomplete:
Networking ---> Networking options ---> [*] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains) ---> IP: Netfilter Configuration ---> <M> IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT)

*you need to do one more step:*
turning on <M> IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT) isn't enough
you have to actually enable the type of IPtables support you want
I don't know what I need so turned most on (*or <M> as module*)

eg.
<M>IP range match support <M> Multiple port match support <M> TOS match support <M> recent match support <M> ECN match support <M> DSCP match support

Perhaps this is obvious to people more skilled in customising/compiling their own kernels. But to me it wasn't and I assume from the number of similar questions not to alot of people either.

So I hope this saves somebody a bit of pain.