RE: [Xen-users] RE: Fully virtualized guest boot problem

  • To: "anant" <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:35:36 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:45:21 -0800

Yes, but another option would be to use the stable xen releases from
XenSource. Most distro's use a "snapshot+bugfixes" approach to their
builds - they can't always sync their releases with the XenSource stable
releases, and thus will have to "live with" back-porting and patching
some particular version of Xen [just grabbing a new "latest" isn't a
good idea when stabilizing for release, cherry-picking the "best" of the
latest patches is a much better way - otherwise you may get some new
"badness" when fixing a particular problem].

--
Mats