[Xen-users] Building a xen Dom0 kernel for a very, very recent kernel branch

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Marlier, Ian" <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:48:38 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:47:48 -0700

Hey, all,

This is mostly a request for a pointer to docs, I guess, since I haven't
had much luck finding any on my own that have been helpful...

I'm working on configuring a new machine to run Xen, but have found
myself needing to use the 2.6.21 kernel tree because of some bugfixes
that are only available there (as of 2.6.21-rc3).

But, I'm having some trouble figuring out how to build my own xenified
kernel; I downloaded the 3.0.4 source release, and that seems quite
insistent that I should be using the 2.6.16 kernel...

Can anyone point me to docs that might have more detail about how to
build a xen kernel for a very recent kernel branch?

(I'm building on Fedora Core 6 as my base OS, but I imagine that
instructions for any distro will work fine...)

Thanks!

- Ian