Re: [Xen-users] network error, even when reboot into non-Xen smp kernel

  • To: Robert Ficcaglia <rficcaglia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:29:31 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:27:10 -0700

Robert Ficcaglia wrote:
No reason I used the tarball other than it was first on the list :) I would be glad to remove what's on there now and reinstall with RPMs, part of the problem is that I don't know the steps to completely remove Xen and start clean; this is the best list I found:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-04/msg00617.html
or download the src tarball and make uninstall (probably will be my first try) To answer your other questions, yes - the trouble is with Dom0, and yes I have multiple (2) NICs (same hw). So with 2 NICs, I presume I cannot simply comment out the HWARDDR (cause I tried that and it didn't help); so what is the procedure for 2 NICs?
Well, a "tar tzf" of the tarball would be a good start to know what to remove.

Are the NIC's identical models to each other? Do you have available the right modules for it, as listed in /etc/modprobe.conf and listed by lsmod?