Re: [Xen-users] Xen on CentOS opinions

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "john maclean" <jayeola@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 18:01:10 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:00:06 -0700

write something in tcl/tk. Very rasy language to learn for me [tm].
Great for prototyping.

On 20/04/07, Jonathon Jones <xen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Thus far I do everything from the command line.  I want to get a GUI of
some sort for remote management but can't decide on what is my best option
and I don't want to dirty up my dom0 experimenting.

 Please make recommendations as you see fit.

 Jon

 Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
Jonathon Jones wrote:

I've been using xen on Centos for months in a production environment.  If
your hardware is good, then current versions of Xen are very stable.

 Jon
 Are you using anything for remote domain management? I've been checking out
virt-manager for CentOS 5, but ye ghods, it acts like a pretty interface
written by a complete newb. No ability to detect and load turned off
domains, no ability to list available partitions or create them, no ability
to pre-set your vifnames or MAC addresses or other features, etc. etc., etc.

 Not a very good tool. I'm hoping to find something better, but the ones
I've seen recommended took higher versions of graphic and python and other
toolkits than CentOS 4 had when I was looking last.

John Maclean  - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)