Re: [Xen-users] Memory squeeze in netback driver

What kernel have you use ?
because the standard limit is 4 Go of RAM and you must have a PAE compiled kernel
for you perhaps this package :

http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/3.0.4-1/bin.tgz/xen-3.0.4_1-install-x86_32p.tgz
(note that you need all the kernel in PAE mode, the micro-kernel xen.gz, the dom0 kernel and the domU kernel )

++
Yves

Jan M. Stankovsky a Ãcrit :
Hello !

I'm using XEN 3.0.3 on a Suse 10.2 x86_64 with 8Gb RAM. I've added dom0_mem=512M to grub but I'm not sure that i've rebooted since then. So I can't tell that there's a limit.

I've 10 domains running but starting the 11th I get "Memory squeeze in netback driver" an all other domains are unreachable. All domU summ up to 5.1 GB.

Do I ran into a memory problem of Dom0? So how do I best calculate the memory need for dom0

thanks

jan

Yves-GaÃl ChÃny
Responsable dÃveloppements techniques
Responsable Achats techniques
Responsable RH technique

261 route de Clisson 44230 St SÃbastien sur Loire
Tel : 02 40 97 62 67 - 08 73 77 24 91
http://www.tranquilitsystems.com/
yves-gael.cheny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tranquil IT Systems . SAS 37 000 Â