[Xen-users] vm only migrates one way

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "McGhee, Stefano" <Stefano.McGhee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:35:48 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 May 2007 06:34:31 -0700

Hello all,

I have two xen host machines (Dom0s) that are having difficulty
performing a migration of a guest machine.  The migration works in one
direction, but not in the other.  The time is synchronized on both of
the Dom0 machines.  The files for the VM are stored on a third machine
and accessed with iSCSI.  I can start the guest machine on either
machine successfully, but I can only migrate it one way.  When a
migration fails, it shows up on the destination machine, but in a "r"
state as indicated by "xm list".  I am unable to get anything from the
console "xm console vm" and can't ping or ssh to it.

Things that I saw as odd:

Dmesg on the destination machine after a bad migration shows:

device vif27.0 entered promiscuous mode
audit(1178196891.305:56): dev=vif27.0 prom=256 old_prom=0
auid=4294967295
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): vif27.0: link is not ready

This doesn't happen after a successful migration.  Also after a
successful "live" migration the time in the vm accelerates by 70
minutes.  I think that's unrelated though.

Anything I should look for to troubleshoot this further?

Cheers,

Stefano