RE: [Xen-users] Underlying device resized

  • To: "Igor Chubin" <igor@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:52:06 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:50:45 -0700

Well, you probably have to, unless you can otherwise make it think the
device has "changed media" or "hotplugged". Since most OS's don't really
expect hard-disks to change size without some sort of hardware event
happening (e.g. hotplug event), the guest OS isn't going to "check" to
see if the disk changed size without some sort of "trigger".

If it's a PV domain, you may be able to just "xm block-detach" and "xm
block-attach", but for HVM devices, I'm not sure that works without PV
drivers to help out (and I don't think such drivers are available).

--
Mats