Re: [Xen-users] Underlying device resized

> > Please, tell me, how can I say domU
> > that its underlying disk device (e.g. LVM logical volume)
> > has changed its size?
> >
> > I don't want reboot host and reattach the device.
>
> Well, you probably have to, unless you can otherwise make it think the
> device has "changed media" or "hotplugged". Since most OS's don't really
> expect hard-disks to change size without some sort of hardware event
> happening (e.g. hotplug event), the guest OS isn't going to "check" to
> see if the disk changed size without some sort of "trigger".
>
> If it's a PV domain, you may be able to just "xm block-detach" and "xm
> block-attach", but for HVM devices, I'm not sure that works without PV
> drivers to help out (and I don't think such drivers are available).

Thank you, Mats.

This domain is PV and Linux is running in it.

I understand that I can reattach device,
but this is impossible in my case,
because I can't unmount fs in the domU.

May be I could trigger hotplug event
without reaataching device?
Something like "Please, rescan!" in the domU.

--
WBR, i.m.chubin