RE: [Xen-users] FIXED!!! amd64 system only seeing 3.5gb instead of 4gb of memory

  • To: "Rafał Kupka" <rkupka+Listy.Xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:32:09 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:31:09 -0700

Well, the link in the original post says that the "while-loop is completely
removed", which I took to mean that the author of the bugfix had actually
examined the code generated by the compiler.

Obviously, copying files from one machine to another shouldn't change the
behaviour of the code if "copy" works right (if in doubt, do "md5sum some-file"
to check that the content of the file hasn't changed).

Unfortunately, just because one bug is fixed, doesn't mean that others aren't
still in there.

--
Mats