[Xen-users] Physical -> Virtual

What's the best way to virtualize a physical system?

I'm trying to virtualize a server running an old Debian Sarge.
I cannot shutdown the system, so i cannot dump the fs.

I tryied to do that by copying all files/dirs via ssh (compressing them
with tar zcvpf) and then uncompressing the archive into a mounted lvm
volume, but it seems that Sarge was using an old version of e2fsprogs
and it cannot boot due to a ext3 incompatibility problem.

regards,
--
Davide Corio                                davide.corio<at>redomino.com
Redomino S.r.l.                 Largo Valgioie 14 - 10146 Torino - Italy