[Xen-users] Windows licensing for Xen

Hello all,

My apologies if this is a FAQ; I was not able to find the answer in any
existing documentation.  Furthermore, I know it's not germane to Xen
itself, but I'm hoping that someone else's knowledge can save me a
little bit of time.  :-)

In order to run Windows (XP, 2003, etc.) as a hardware-virtualized guest
of Xen, is it necessary to purchase a retail-boxed edition of Windows,
or is there a cheaper option?  Can I purchase an OEM edition with, for
instance, a hard drive or motherboard that I don't plan to use with Xen?

The cheapest I've been able to find retail Windows XP Home and
Professional is at Provantage ($183 and $274, respectively).

Thanks.

--
Kevin DeGraaf