[Xen-users] how to use xentrace and xentrace_format

Hi,

        I have read the man page for xentrace and xentrace_format. But I am still puzzled on how to use them.

Could somebody give me an example about how to use xentrace and xentrace_format.

What I have done is that:

1.       Root:/# Xentrace

The display is Cannot output to a TTY, specify a log file

2.       Root:/# xentrace /var/perftests/xentrace.log

Then I use xentrace_format to get what I want

3.       cat /var/perftests/xentrace.log | xentrace_format myformat

But nothing could I get.

Really need your help.

Thanks,

Dowen