Re: [Xen-users] Purchasing only the Windows PV drivers for Xen

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 12:43:10PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> >Is it possible to purchase them separately? Is there anyone at XenSource
> >that we could petition to consider doing this?
I think its not the effort that is missing, but $amount_of_money that has
to go to Redmond for this.

> We're running a custom Xen installation here, which is based on
> open-source 3.1 (and we used earlier versions of open source Xen, too).
> [...]
> If someone offered Windows PV drivers for a reasonable amount of money
> per virtualized Windows machine, we'd be glad to throw VMware away, and
> use Xen for everything we virtualize.
AFAIK novell offers the drivers as payware, if its not too wired into
the xen 3.0.4+patches they use for sles10sp1 maybe you can also stick with
all your current xen-setup and just use the para-drivers additionally.

Christian