Re: [Xen-users] Xen failing to boot under Debian Etch. (FATAL TRAP)

David Morris wrote:
> Perhaps I'm confused by obtuse naming, but it looks to me that you are
> running AMD 64bit kernels and hypervisors on an Intel system. Is this a AMD
> vs Intel compatibility issue?

Yes I think it is Debian confusing naming getting the way of your
understanding...
The AMD64 kernel says the following:
# aptitude show linux-image-2.6-amd64
Package: linux-image-2.6-amd64
 This package depends on the latest binary image for Linux kernel 2.6 on
all 64bit single- and multiprocessor AMD and Intel machines.

Confusingly it supports AMD64 and EM64T. So I don't think this is the
issue here.

--
James Ray