RE: [Xen-users] shared cpu resources

  • To: "Marco Strullato" <marco.strullato@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:19:38 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 00:20:38 -0700

I would recommend to have a look at chapter "4.2.2 Domain Scheduling
Management Commands" of the Xen user manual
(http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html).

If you use the standard Xen scheduler, you can limit the maximum amount
of CPU a guest is allowed to use with the "xm sched-credit -d <domain>
-c <cap>" command. So you could restrict a domain to only use 25%/75% of
the CPU. You can as well use other Xen schedulers to eventually optimize
CPU utilization.