Re: [Xen-users] Xen without the X

  • To: "Shane D. Johnson" <SDJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 00:13:32 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:07:49 -0700

Shane D. Johnson wrote:
Hello,
   I need some help please.
I want to compile xen-3.1.0 for use on a server that doesn't have X11 or Xorg installed. I would like to control the servers through SSH and Telnet (unless you have a suggestion for something better (more Secure)). I wouldn't be using VNC or Console(Unless I have to). I have made the kernels and now only need the tools to control xen. I have searched the internet and asked for help before(And seen others ask) but can't seem to find the Documentation or help I need to only compile the needed components. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. If I need to take this to a different list please let me know.

Thank you
Shane
Why do you want to do this? Unweaving the X requirements for the VNC or SDL graphical console support sounds like a great deal of pain.