RE: [Xen-users] How to configure win 2003 standard to show multiple CPU?

  • To: "wayne wu" <koaladrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:19:29 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 00:45:44 -0700

> When I install Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition on Xen, I didn't
> configure multicore (vcpus = 1, cpus not set). Now I'd like to fully
> utilize multicore, but whatever I set, windows task manager can not
see
> more than 1 cpu. Do I have to reinstall the OS with vcpus and cpus
being
> set properly? Since the image file is licensed, is there any way I
> configure windows to show multi CPU without reinstalling it? I use a
quad-
> core desktop with VTx.

Have you definitely got task manager in '1 graph per cpu' mode?

You shouldn't need to re-install 2003 to get it to see added processors,
I know you had to install a different HAL on NT to go from single to
multiple processors, but I think that was resolved by Windows 2000.

You might need ACPI to see the multiple processors though... is that
enabled in your configuration?

hth

James