回复: RE: [Xen-users] How to configure win 2003 standard to show multiple CPU?

  • To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: wayne wu <koaladrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:48:11 +0800 (CST)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 00:49:05 -0700

this is my config:

vcpus=4
pae=1
acpi=1
apic=1
cpus=0-3

It's a bit strange that in the task manager, there's only 1 item, '1 graph per cpu', and it is checked and grey, seems I can not deselect it.

James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 写道:
> When I install Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition on Xen, I didn't
> configure multicore (vcpus = 1, cpus not set). Now I'd like to fully
> utilize multicore, but whatever I set, windows task manager can not
see
> more than 1 cpu. Do I have to reinstall the OS with vcpus and cpus
being
> set properly? Since the image file is licensed, is there any way I
> configure windows to show multi CPU without reinstalling it? I use a
quad-
> core desktop with VTx.

Have you definitely got task manager in '1 graph per cpu' mode?

You shouldn't need to re-install 2003 to get it to see added processors,
I know you had to install a different HAL on NT to go from single to
multiple processors, but I think that was resolved by Windows 2000.

You might need ACPI to see the multiple processors though... is that
enabled in your configuration?

hth

James

雅虎邮箱,终生伙伴!