Re: [Xen-users] Using vncserver and vncviewer on XEN problems...

> I have installed XEN 3.1 on Slack12 like Dom0 and a Debian Sarge like
> DomU. I have installed all vnc component in order to use a X display
> under the DomU. I start vncserver like this under domU:
>
> vncserver :1

With Xen 3.1 you could just (possibly at the expense of some performance) get
dom0 to export the domain's paravirt framebuffer device over VNC.  This
avoids you having to configure the VNC in each guest.

Or you can configure and SDL frontend so that when you start the domain a
window will open on dom0's display, giving you a "virtual display" to
interact with directly.

> and this work fine...So i try to start a vncviewer like this:
>
> vncviewer :1
>
> or
>
> vncviewer my_ip:1

If you're running VNC in the guest, the IP address should be that of the
guest.  If you ever configure dom0 to export the display, then you'd instead
want to use the IP address of dom0.

Cheers,
Mark

> Any command work and return this error:
>
> "Error: Can't open display:"
>
> I read some help that have suggested this procedure but I obtain this
> error....what I wrong?
>
> I have installed XDM also, like this:
>
> apt-get install xdm
> echo ':0 /usr/bin/Xvnc /usr/bin/Xvnc -geometry 1024x768 -depth 24' \ >
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers
>
> Once this has been done start the manager with:
> /etc/init.d/xdm stop
> /etc/init.d/xdm start
>

> TNX in advance.
>
> Best