Re: [Xen-users] xen + centos + areca raid issues

Anand Gupta schrieb:
> I am trying to run a new server with centos + xen using centos xen packages.
>
> After installation, we had to install a hardware raid card (areca) on
> the machine, and thus reload the os. It so happens the drivers shipped
> aren't compatible with xen kernel, so i was forced to compile xen from
> source to compile areca drivers.

I'm no expert at centos, but since a while the areca driver has found it's
way into the mainline kernel.
I can't remember any distribution shipping a kernel without it.

I would recommend you to check your dom0's initrd.img and eventually rebuild
it, as I assume the areca driver is build as a module.

btw. If your dom0 kernel doesn't support the raidcontroller, you're in no
case forced to recompile your whole xen. Just pick a recent, xen-enabled
distro kernel from a distro you like. My favorite is the 2.6.22-14-xen out of
the ubuntu gutsy repo, but your mileage may vary.

greetings

Stephan