Re: [Xen-users] xen + centos + areca raid issues

  • To: "Stephan Seitz" <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Anand Gupta" <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:33:09 +0530
  • Cc: Xen Users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 05:03:56 -0700

On 10/16/07, Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm no expert at centos, but since a while the areca driver has found it's
way into the mainline kernel.
I can't remember any distribution shipping a kernel without it.

I would recommend you to check your dom0's initrd.img and eventually rebuild
it, as I assume the areca driver is build as a module.

That is strange, i am installing centos5 from dvd image downloaded from centos site. The default install with all updates doesn't recognize the areca card at all. The main problem is my /root also recides on the raid, so if the driver is not loaded i get a kernel panic.

btw. If your dom0 kernel doesn't support the raidcontroller, you're in no
case forced to recompile your whole xen. Just pick a recent, xen-enabled
distro kernel from a distro you like. My favorite is the 2.6.22-14-xen out of
the ubuntu gutsy repo, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks, but i already compiled xen on centos. Now the main problem i am facing is how to boot the existing domU.

--
regards,

Anand Gupta