[Xen-users] Cannot see CD or DVD drives from working WinXP guest on Fedora 7

I have built a couple of Windows XP guests on a Fedora7 installation. In installed the systems using the location of my iso file in the install xml script, as follows:

<disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
     <source file='/home/sources/cd_win65.iso'/>
     <target dev='hdc'/>
<readonly/> </disk>

Once the system was running, I changed the script file to point to the CD like this:

<disk device='cdrom'>
     <target dev='hdc'/>
     <readonly/>
   </disk>
I then rebuilt the domain with  virsh  define, and restarted the VM.

I cannot see the CD drive from inside the Windows VM.

I must have missed something very obvious, but I have not found a clear reference to this problem.

Thanks.