RE: [Xen-users] dom0 no longer showing serial console output

  • To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Carb, Brian A" <Brian.Carb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:44:49 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:45:39 -0700

  >>Try adding "xencons=ttyS" as well.  This'll tell the Xen console to
appear as ttyS.
  >>It's probably now appearing as /dev/xvc0 at the moment which may be
why your setup wasn't working anymore.
  >>Alternatively you could do console=/dev/xvc0 directly.

I tried adding "console=ttyS0 xencons=ttyS" and this makes the "echo"
command not fail but I still see no output from it or from xen on the
serial console.

Also tried the console=/dev/xvc0 but that doesn't seem to change
anything. In this case, what binds "console" to the serial port?

Should I be concerned about what's on or off in inittab, or is the
echoing of the xen boot messages occurring before we're looking at
inittab?

Any other suggestions?

brian carb
unisys corporation - malvern, pa