Re: [Xen-users] paravirtualised gentoo on Fedora Core 7

> I read also this thread "Re: [Xen-users] dom0 no longer showing serial
> console output" , and modified my grub.conf accordingly.
> My kernel boot parameters now is  kernel
> /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20.r6-gentoo-xenU root=/dev/xvda video=xenfb
> console=ttyS0 xencons=ttyS vga=0x311
> Now I am able to use vnc console, the only thing is that I do not see
> kernel boot  messages any more, but only login prompt. Of course it is
> ok for me :).

You shouldn't need the vga= bit, since there's no real or emulated VGA going
on for a PV guest.

The way you've set up console= and xencons= the boot messages will probably be
going to the domain's virtual serial console (use xm console or xm create -c
to access this).  If you want them to appear on the framebuffer console,
change your "console=" line to "console=tty1".

Does that work?

Cheers,
Mark

> Then what method is used for fedora kernel? I put no kernel boot
> parameters for fedora kernel and see everything. I just want to
> understand howo kompile xen pv DomU kernel for everything to work
> properly. Sometimes it is useful to see kernel boot messages when
> something goes wrong.
>
> andris

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!