Re: [Xen-users] Any Xen kernel based on something newer than, 2.6.18 ?

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 10:32:28 BrunoM wrote:
> Hello Jonathan,
>
> First, thanks for your response!
> Using the kernel provided by this website:
> http://194.39.182.225/debian/linux-2.6/xen-extra/2.6.22-3/ I
> encounter some troubles with init crashing at boot (domU), even in
> dom0. Mabe this is not the good ubuntu's kernel... ?

Posting back to the list - I must put my hands up and admit I know very
little about Xen in Ubuntu - but if Dom0 is crashing then that is a
sign that the kernel is pretty unstable, and not much use to you. (My
email address will provide a big hint as to the platform I use most
often)

> I tried
> installing libc6-xen in my dom0 host of course, but nothing changes
> on the crash. How could I take the kernel from OpenSUSE you're
> talking about, and use it on my debian, could it do the job?

You can't take the openSUSE kernel and use it on a Debian based system -
I took your original question to mean which distributions will provide
a later kernel with Xen components that you could use in place of (the
currently not working) Ubuntu. Apologies for the confusion.

> I would
> like to avoid entereprise distros, because of the tests, I cannot
> afford to buy the OS for now. But maybe I could get RHEL and test it,
> if it would work.

With RHEL you can always look at CentOS or similar, with SLES you can
download it for free and have 60 (I think) days of updates available
whilst you evaluate it. Or, of course, upgrade to the gutsy distro and
see if that cures your existing problems.

Jon